Attendance at Joseph Clarke School
At Joseph Clarke School, we are proud that our pupils’ school attendance is strong. For our children to gain the greatest benefit from their education, it is vital that they attend regularly and punctually.
We highly value our work with families to promote good attendance, so that together we can:
- Listen to parents and carers carefully to find out why their children are not attending, so we can offer support where needed. This includes our pupils who are undergoing long term medical or therapeutic support.
- Provide family support through Sarah Bent, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Ensure that our pupils’ attendance is always recorded accurately and legitimately, in line with current regulations.
- Promote a culture where pupils, families and school staff recognise the links between good school attendance, the quality of education, keeping our pupils safe and the achievement of our children.
- See the process of securing good attendance for all pupils as an ongoing process, never something that is ‘finished’.
- Please advise the school of any absences in advance, wherever possible, via the home school book, phone or email.
- For absence reported on the day, parents must contact the school on 0208 523 4833 before 9:00 am.
- Failure to report your child’s absence will result in an unauthorised absence.
- If your child is absent for more than one day, you must call in every day that they are not in school.
Our School Day:
8:45am: School gates open
8.55am: School day starts
9.30am: Registers close - children who arrive after 9:30am will be marked late
3:20pm: School Day ends